With 100+ recipes that span the globe from the United States, Mexico, Japan, Brazil, Senegal, Vietnam, and many more: Powerful stories. Beautifully evocative visuals. More than 100 recipes for all occasions, from many cultures. Here, in La Cocina’s first cookbook, more than 50 successful La Cocina entrepreneurs share their inspiring narratives—and their delicious recipes!
- This is the book for cooks who love great global recipes and support organizations that make a big difference.
- More than 150 photographs from award-winning photographer Eric Wolfinger capture the spirit of the people, the mouthwatering food, and the diversity of the immigrant experience.
- La Cocina is an incubator kitchen that provides affordable commercial kitchen space, industry-specific technical assistance, and access to market opportunities to women of color and immigrant communities.
“La Cocina is food at its finest: inspiring, instructional, political, and delicious. This book brings the vitality of La Cocina and its mujeres through wonderful recipes—and even better stories.”—Gustavo Arellano
This cookbook reflects the flavors and foods of the city where La Cocina was founded. It will help you find inspiration in your own kitchen, in the kitchens that you pass on your way to work, and in the neighborhoods you’ve been meaning to visit.
- Delicious recipes will make your kitchen smell like you’ve traveled around the world
- Mouthwatering global recipes include Golveda Ko Achar (Tomato Cilantro Sauce), Mafé (Peanut Stew), Kuy Teav Phnom Penh (Cambodian Noodle Soup), and many more.