NATIONAL BESTSELLER • Fight cancer, diabetes, heart disease, weight gain, and even the aging process itself with one simple, scientifically proven plan to reverse disease—as well as prevent and reduce symptoms—from the world-renowned pioneer of lifestyle medicine.
Dean Ornish, M.D., has directed revolutionary research proving, for the first time, that lifestyle changes can often reverse—undo!—the progression of many of the most common and costly chronic diseases and even begin reversing aging at a cellular level.
Medicare and many insurance companies now cover Dr. Ornish’s lifestyle medicine program for reversing chronic disease because it consistently achieves bigger changes in lifestyle, better clinical outcomes, larger cost savings, and greater adherence than have ever been reported—based on forty years of research published in the leading peer-reviewed medical and scientific journals.
Now, in this landmark book, he and Anne Ornish present a simple yet powerful new unifying theory explaining why these same lifestyle changes can reverse so many different chronic diseases and how quickly these benefits occur. They describe what it is, why it works, and how you can do it:
• Eat well: a whole foods, plant-based diet naturally low in fat and sugar and high in flavor. The “Ornish diet” has been rated “#1 for Heart Health” by U.S. News & World Report every year from 2011 to 2017.
• Move more: moderate exercise such as walking
• Stress less: including meditation and gentle yoga practices
• Love more: how love and intimacy transform loneliness into healing
With seventy recipes, easy-to-follow meal plans, tips for stocking your kitchen and eating out, recommended exercises, stress-reduction advice, and inspiring patient stories of life-transforming benefits—for example, several people improved so much after only nine weeks they were able to avoid a heart transplant—Undo It! empowers readers with new hope and new choices.
Praise for Undo It!
“The Ornishes’ work is elegant and simple and deserving of a Nobel Prize, since it can change the world!”—Richard Carmona, M.D., MPH, FACS, seventeenth Surgeon General of the United States
“If you want to see what medicine will be like ten years from now, read this book today.”—Rita F. Redberg, M.D., editor in chief, JAMA Internal Medicine
“This is one of the most important books on health ever written.”—John Mackey, CEO, Whole Foods Market
- Undo It!: How Simple Lifestyle Changes Can Reverse Most Chronic Diseases Hardcover – January 8, 2019 by Dean Ornish M.D. (Author), Anne Ornish (Author)