Discover real comfort food with these authentic country recipes!
- 294 delicious, easy-to-follow recipes gathered from real Amish cooks across the United States and Canada
- Lies flat for easy countertop use, with a sturdy hardback hidden-spiral binding
- 100 beautiful color photos of finished recipes and Amish life
- Array of traditional dishes includes appetizers, soups, salads, mains, casseroles, breads, and desserts
- Includes a brief history of Amish, Mennonites, and Anabaptism
This attractive kitchen-friendly cookbook is filled with 294 favorite authentic country recipes gathered from Amish kitchens across the United States and Canada. Bound in a sturdy hardback hidden-spiral binding that lies flat for easy countertop use, Amish Community Cookbook will have you preparing delicious, down-to-earth dishes your family will request again and again!
The Amish people are renowned for their rich agricultural heritage, strong community spirit, and good old-fashioned, stick-to-your-ribs comfort food. This treasury of beloved recipes expresses their close connection to the land and reliance on fresh, natural ingredients.
Amish Community Cookbook offers an endless array of traditional appetizers, soups, salads, main dishes, casseroles, breads, and desserts. Beyond the delicious, hearty taste, this is food that offers something to nourish the soul. One taste and you’ll see why these recipes have been bringing families and communities together at the table for generations.
Here is a sampling of the Amish favorites you’ll find in Amish Community Cookbook:
- Apple Dumplings
- Baked Corn
- Barn Raising Dinner
- Bread and Butter Pickles
- Brown Butter Noodles
- Chicken Pot Pie
- Corn Soup With Rivels
- Ham and Bean Soup
- Pork and Sauerkraut
- Red Beet Eggs
- Red Velvet Cake
- Wet Bottom ShooFly Pie
Amish Community Cookbook is the updated and improved edition of Treasured Amish & Mennonite Recipes (ISBN 9781565235991), with a bright new layout and beautiful new photography.
- FOX CHAPEL